Francis Reh Students Show Significant Gains on Spring NWEA MAP Test
Francis Reh Academy is located in the heart of the east side of Saginaw and has been educating students in the greater Saginaw community since 1998, currently serving nearly 500 students in grades preK-8. The academy is thriving both academically and fiscally; its campus is bright and welcoming, its school community is engaged and active.
“We are so proud of our students and their accomplishments-- this is significant academic growth that deserves celebration,” said Kate Scheid Weber, Francis Reh Public School Academy school leader. “Our caring, Highly Qualified staff has done a great job preparing our students for academic success and it is so nice to see the hard work from the students and staff alike pay off in such a huge way.”
The overarching goal of the academy’s North Central Association (NCA) accredited program is to improve student learning and achievement in core subject areas – math, English language arts, science and social studies.
“It is so positive to hear this great news of student academic growth,” said Kay Kretz, president of the Francis Reh Public School Academy Board of Directors. “We know our students are capable of doing great things and it’s so rewarding when the numbers accurately portray their many successes.”
A safe, caring school environment, Francis Reh Academy is family-oriented and serves the emerging needs of today’s urban family including the provision of:
- Physical education, art and music
- Full-day preschool and kindergarten programs
- Free breakfast, lunch and supper for all students
- School uniform dress code
- Sports, clubs and activities
- Health fairs & mobile dentist
- Community celebrations and events
- 100% certified, Highly Qualified teachers
Francis Reh is still accepting applications for fall. The office is open each day this summer from 8am until 4pm. The academy’s Back to School Orientation and Family Fun Day is scheduled for September 1. Orientation sessions will be held at 9:30am and 2:30pm, with free lunch, games and great prizes from 10:30am until 2pm. It’s a great time to meet your child’s teacher, tour the school and learn more about Francis Reh’s programs and services. All children enrolled by September 1st will receive a free Francis Reh t-shirt! School resumes on September 6.
ABOUT FRANCIS REH PUBLIC SCHOOL ACADEMY
Francis Reh Public School Academy is a tuition-free public school educating children ages preK-8 in Saginaw, Michigan since 1998, with a preK-12 charter. Francis Reh is managed by The Leona Group and authorized by Northern Michigan University.
2015-16 Parent Survey Results:
- “I would recommend this academy to others.” 99%
- “My child is getting a good education at this academy.” 100%
- “My child is safe and secure at this academy.” 99%
- “The teachers here are professional and do a good job.” 99%
- “Overall, I rate this academy as a good school.” 99%
- Nearly 500 students currently enrolled in grades preK-8
- 97% minority students
- 95% economically disadvantaged/free or reduced lunch status
- 13% students with disabilities
Community Partners & Organizations:
- Eastern Michigan University’s Project Lead the Way
- Health Delivery
- Delta College
- Girl Scouts
- Underground Railroad
- Boy Scouts
- First Ward Community Center
- Buena Vista Community Center
Francis Reh Public School Academy educates and empowers all students to excel academically and positively impact our community.
Francis Reh Academy is a community of focused, engaged, and responsible achievers.
FRA CORE VALUES:
We Believe -
- All students deserve a quality education.
- All students can achieve at high levels.
- Our inclusive learning environment meet the needs of each and every student.
- Our staff is committed and confident in their ability to educate our students.
- Our protected instructional time, in cooperation with families, maximizes student achievement.
Kate Scheid Weber, school leader
2201 Owen St. • Saginaw, MI 48601
www.francisreh.com • 989.753.2349
ABOUT THE LEONA GROUP, L.L.C.
The Leona Group was founded in 1996 by Dr. William Coats, a national leader in education reform. TLG currently manages nearly 60 school sites in Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio and is among the largest education service providers in the United States.
Foundational to The Leona Group is the belief that all children, regardless of ethnicity or economic status, can learn and achieve. This belief permeates throughout the organization and is vibrant in each Leona-managed school. For this reason, Leona Group schools are located in primarily urban areas where there is the greatest need for educational choice and opportunity. Leona delivers a quality choice in public school education, focusing on excellence in education in safe, caring environments. Each school program is tailored to the specific needs of its community and demonstrates continual improvement, as measured by increasing student academic achievement in concert with social, behavioral and emotional development.
For more information, visit www.leonagroup.com.